Airtel 3G Tariff
Airtel , the largest mobile network operator in India has launched its much anticipated 3G services .3G is the next generation of mobile communications systems. The Airtel 3G gives you the power of higher speeds to enjoy multimedia services , high speed mobile broadband and internet access with the ability to view videos on your mobile handset. With a 3G phone and access to the 3G network you can make video calls, watch live TV, access high speed internet and enjoy live streaming at never before speeds.3G provides fast data speeds and simultaneous voice and data capabilities .
The Airtel 3G rates are very high (same with the other private telecom operators) .
With Airtel 3G connection you can :
- connect to family and friends – face-to-face video calling. In real time!
- connect to the internet with superfast page loading times
- download and upload large files at blazing fast speeds
- get your entertainment on the go – real time streaming music and videos
- send and receive mails with large attachments
- download and play interactive 3D games
“India is ushering in the domain – though later than most of the world – but no doubt we will catch up at a much faster speed. 3G is much more than a technology migration – it is a transformational shift – and Airtel’s focus would be to bring to its customers an enriched user experience on the back of a world class delivery network,” Bharti Airtel CEO (India and South Asia) Sanjay Kapoor said. Initially the services are launched in Bangalore , Karnataka .It will be rolled out all over India by March , 2011 .
Airtel 3G Tariff – Airtel 3G Plans
Airtel FlexiShield Plan – For heavy users
Airtel FlexiShield Plan is for heavy Internet users on the move and enterprise users .Under this plan users will get 1.5GB of Free data transfer for the price of Rs.675 per month . After the 1.25GB usage , the flexible usage price will be charged @ 1p/100kb till the bill reaches the ‘Customer Expense Shield’.
‘Customer Expense Shield’ is the maximum price per month set by the user which he can afford.The ‘Customer Expense Shield’ is Rs.2,000 and the user will be charged at 1p/100kb till 13.25GB and after that (Bill cap) speed will be 20kbps @FREE unlimited valid till his next billing cycle .
Airtel Sachet Packs – for occasional users (for low usage) and medium users
You can either opt for Bandwidth based sachet or Minutes based sachet.
Medium Users can buy 30 days pack @ price of Rs.103,Rs.200 , Rs.450, and Rs.750 .
Airtel 3G Bandwidth based sachet packs price list :
- Rs.9 for 10 MB, validity 1 day
- Rs.60 for 65 MB, validity 3 days
- Rs.103 for 100 MB, validity 30 days
- Rs.200 for 250 MB, validity 30 days
- Rs.450 for 600 MB, validity 30 days
- Rs.750 for 2 GB, validity 30 days
Airtel 3G Postpaid and Airtel 3G prepaid has almost the same tariff plans .
Time based Airtel 3G Plan
- Sachet Plan – Rs.45 for 30 minutes , Rs.3 per minute thereafter , Valid for 1 day
Airtel 3G Pay As You Go Plan (PAYG)
- This is for roaming
- No free data usage while roaming
- Customer will be able to access data on both 2G and 3G Airtel network
Airtel 3G facts
- There is no need to change your current Airtel 2G SIM card fo the airtel 3G services.
- You should have a 3G mobile phone to access Airtel 3G services on your mobile .
- Airtel 3G Roaming is only available on Airtel 3G network .
- 3G access charges on roaming will be 30p/20KB . There will be no Free data usage in roaming.
- The balance usage can only be passed on to the next recharge if it is more than 50MB and is under validity .