Like the private telecom companies launched the new free roaming vouchers and plans and new reduced roaming charges , the public sector telecom major BSNL has also introduced the new Roaming Plans for its postpaid and prepaid customers in the country, after the TRAI(Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) allowed the operators to offer National Roaming Plans.There are also some special Tariff Vouchers for prepaid customers.
Special Tariff Vouchers for National Roaming (for free incoming) :
Terms and Conditions :
- Service tax as applicable from time to time will be charged extra.
- The MRP of plan vouchers for J&K will be exclusive of service Tax.
- The validity of the card is 30 days from the date of activation. Balance unutilized SMS will lapse after the validity period.
BSNL Roaming Charges while on MTNL Network :
- The Incoming Calls while roaming in BSNL service area and MTNL service area are free for RTP-FR 705 Plan.
- All other terms and conditions will remain the same.
BSNL Roaming Charges on other Networks (without any voucher):
Voice Calling :
- Pulse Rate – 60 seconds
- Local on – Network – Rs.1/min.
- Local off – Network – Rs.1/min.
- STD on – Network – Rs.1.50/min.
- STD off – Network – Rs.1.50/min.
- Incoming Call – 0.75 paise
- Local SMS – Rs.1/sms
- National SMS – Rs.1.50/sms
- International SMS – Rs.5/sms
- Incoming SMS – Nil
- Non- P2P SMS (From Home LSA/While Roaming ) – Rs.2.00/sms
- Premium Non- P2P SMS - As determined by Content Provider
Video Calling :
- Pulse Rate – 60 seconds ; 1 second
- Local on – Network – Rs.2/min. ; Rs.0.05/min.
- Local off – Network – Rs.2/min. ; Rs.0.05/min.
- STD on – Network – Rs.2/min. ; Rs.0.05/min.
- STD off – Network – Rs.2/min. ; Rs.0.05/min.
- Incoming Call - Rs.1/min. ; Rs.0.05/min.
Roaming Tariff Plans (RTPs) for Postpaid Customers :
There are two new Roaming Tariff Plans (RTP) with free incoming/outgoing calls and free SMS at Rs.145 and Rs.625 per month. RTPs of Rs.149 and Rs.825 per month for free unlimited incoming calls have also been launched. BSNL Prepaid customers can avail an RTP of Rs.405 and free roaming RTP of Rs.705.