The new HTC One Max is a 5.9-inch Full HD display smartphone powered by Snapdragon 600 1.7GHz quad-core processor . It is HTC’s largest display mobile till date and also the third largest smartphone from any global brand (Sony Xperia Z Ultra is largest with 6.4″ Full HD display and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is second with 6.3″ HD display) . But it weighs highest among the three and also it is thickest (10.3mm) due to front-facing BoomSound speakers . Along with 4G LTE it comes with high speed 3G data connectivity support . It has the same 4MP UltraPixel camera as the HTC One have . It sports a microSD card slot (up to 64GB) under the removable back cover (HTC One and One X lacked MicroSD card slot) , but battery is still non-removable. Like the original HTC One , the new HTC One Max also comes encased in the aluminum shell , giving it same iconic and premium look and feel .
But what is unique about this smartphone is an in-built fingerprint scanner below the rear camera . It is the second phone (after the Apple iPhone 5S) to sport the fingerprint scanner which can not only be used for unlocking the phone but also with various other apps . The placement of fingerprint scanner does not look as convenient as is the iPhone 5S’s (menu button) but this can be concluded only once it is actually tried upon .
HTC One Max Phablet Key Features:
- Large 5.9 inches Full HD Display
- Android v4.3 (Jelly Bean) OS with HTC Sense 5.5
- Snapdragon 600 1.7GHz quad-core processor
- High speed 3G and 4G enabled
- In-built Fingerprint scanner
- HTC 4MP UltraPixel Camera with Full HD Video recording
- HTC BoomSound dual front stereo speakers
- Long lasting Battery life with talk-time up to 28 hours
- Up to 64GB Expandable storage
Video – first look
HTC One Max Reviews Online
- Decent battery life
- Great 1080p display
- Fantastic audio quality
- Thick, heavy and bulky
- Fingerprint scanner can be tricky
- Camera is low-res and lacks OIS
- Best speakers in the business.
- Solid build quality.
- Epic battery life.
- Side-mounted power button.
- Big, bright, bold display.
- Fingerprint scanner is poorly implemented.
- Worse fit and finish than the One.
- Camera lacks optical image stabilization.
- Only 16GB of base storage.
- Older processor doesn’t compete well against competition.
- Fantastic 5.9 inch 1080p display
- Long battery life thanks to 3,300 mAh battery
- MicroSD expansion slot
- High quality front facing stereo speakers
- Power button on right side
- Long, wide, and heavy phone
- Poorly designed back cover
- Limited use fingerprint scanner
- Annoying Sprint Spark connection icon
- Huge HD display of 5.9 inch
- High resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Big internal storage of 16/32 GB
- Latest Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean
- Expandable memory up to 64 GB
- Lots of RAM-2 GB
- UltraPixel rear camera
- 3300 mAh battery
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE and NFC
- 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2.1 MP front camera
- 4G connectivity not supported
- Huge,beautiful looking screen.
- Best audio quality ever, loudest phone i’ve heard, it is still a phone after all.
- Great Battery life, you could get a couple days with light use, but it’s hard to stop looking at the screen.
- Build Quality
- Not for people with small hands.
- Could’ve made the battery removable, but when it lasts so long, it doesn’t really mattter.
- Doesn’t come with earbuds.
HTC One Max Price in India : Available now in India at Rs.36,634 , around same price as iPhone 5s , the only other phone with Fingerprint reader . You can consider buying HTC One Max in comparison to iPhone 5S , the only reason being the display size difference . Come-on Apple , 4-inch display is too small in the market where flagship smartphones are coming with minimum 5-inch display !
Compare the Phablets – HTC One Max Vs Sony Xperia Z Ultra Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Vs LG Optimus G Pro
||HTC One Max
||Sony Xperia Z Ultra
||Samsung Galaxy Note 3
||LG Optimus G Pro
||5.9 -inch Full HD
||6.4 -inch Full HD
||5.7 -inch Full HD
||5.5 -inch Full HD
||Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHz Quad Core
||Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2 GHz Quad Core
||Exynos 5 Octa 5420 (1.9 GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 + 1.3Ghz quad-core Cortex-A7)
||Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHz Quad Core Processor
||Android v4.3 with HTC Sense
||Ultra slim, waterproof and dust-resistant
||S Pen Stylus
||Rear : HTC 4MP Ultrapixel camera;Front : 2.1 MP
||Rear : 8 MPFront : 2MP
||Rear : 13MPFront : 2MP
||Rear : 13MPFront : 2.1MP
|Connectivity (4G/3G/NFC only)