Lenovo has announced a new ThinkPad laptop Series, simply called “ThinkPad Edge,” with 13, 14 and 15 inch models designed specifically for the small to medium sized business (SMB). The 13 inch model represents the first ThinkPad laptop to offer AMD dual core processor technology and to be offered on AMD’s VISION Pro Technology. In addition to performance, the new laptops are designed with style and affordability in mind for today’s budget-conscious customers.
The key features of the new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge Laptop series are:
- Great performance with choices of AMD Turion and Athlon Neo dual core processors or Intel Core 2 Duo ultra low voltage and standard dual core processors1
- Optimized for Windows 7 under Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience program
- Long battery life of over eight hours2
- Wireless connectivity technologies including WiFi and optional Bluetooth, 3G and WiMAX3
- Crisp and clear voice over Internet protocol with Skype™ software, high definition speakers, high resolution, low light sensitivity cameras and microphone and camera mute keys
- Commitment to green technology. The laptops carry a Gold rating from the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool and meet Energy Star 5.0. The Edge laptops contain no foam and use many materials which are derived from 100 percent recycled content, such as thermoplastic, sugarcane or sorghum
The detailed specifications of the new 13-inch Lenovo ThinkPad Edge Laptop are:
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge Price and Availability: The new ThinkPad Edge 13-inch prices will start from Rs.30,000 approx. (US$549 in US). The 14 and 15 inch versions will be available starting in 2Q 2010.