The new Nikon D300s digital SLR provides professional-level performance with agility and enhanced D-Movie capabilities. It balances the form factor, performance, versatility and reliability for serious photo enthusiasts and professionals.
The new Nikon D300s digital SLR retains the photographer-friendly features of the critically acclaimed Nikon D300 digital SLR, while enhancing speed, versatility, and agility of the DX-format for a wide variety of photographers, including advanced enthusiasts, wedding shooters and photojournalists.
The new Nikon D300S is a compact DX format professional SLR that extends the options for photographers who value creative flexibility. Incorporates Nikon’s D-movie with in-camera editing function into a discrete body, letting you switch quickly between capturing superior stills or movie clips in stereo sound. It boasts a highly sensitive 12.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and supports a phenomenal 7fps continuous shooting. CF and SD card slots enhance workflow flexibility, letting you capture stills on one card and movies on another. Nikon’s acclaimed 51-point AF system offers broad coverage and high sensitivity in low light. Selectable Picture Controls streamline post-production, and the high definition 3-inch LCD screen supports D-movie and two Live View modes. Protected by a tough, yet light, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body, the D300S will change the way you approach the craft of photography.
The new Nikon D300S professional SLR camera features:
- 12.3 megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor. Self-cleaning sensor unit minimizes the effect of dust.
- 7fps continuous shooting (8fps when shooting with the optional MB-D300 battery pack).
- D-Movie records beautiful, high-definition (HD) movie clips in stereo sound* with start/stop Edit function.
- Dual card slots: CF and SD card slots for enhanced workflow flexibility.
- ISO 200-3200: extendable up to ISO 6400 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- Multi-CAM3500DX 51-point AF system. Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- Quick response with approx 0.13 second power-up and 45 millisecond shutter release time lag.
- Quiet shooting mode: perfect for discrete photography, the sound of the camera’s mechanisms are noticeably reduced.
- Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling customization of image parameters before capture, and offer complete control over sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various color modes.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170- degree viewing angle.
- Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
- Durable, magnesium alloy body: water and dust resistant.
- Durable shutter unit tested to 150 000 cycles.
- HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling.
The new Nikon D300s Digital SLR Camera body will cost around Rs.1,09,000 in India (US $1799.95 in US)