The new Sony Reader WiFi is a world’s lightest 6-inch multi-touch screen e-reader . It is the first e-reader from Sony featuring a sensitive touchscreen with “Clear Touch Infrared” technology . It weighs only 168 grams and is merely 8.9mm thick . It has wireless LAN connectivity and sports up to 32GB expandable memory .Its E Ink Pearl electronic paper displays a clear, glare-free, high contrast image that’s easy to read for hours, even in direct sunlight.
Sony Reader Wi-Fi e-reader features :
- Hold effortlessly in one hand: just 168 grams and 8.9mm thin
- Browse and download a huge range of eBooks via Wi-Fi
- Turn pages smoothly, zoom in and out, look up in dictionary or make notes, all on advanced, high-contrast touchscreen
- Borrow eBooks directly and wirelessly from your public library
- Over one month of battery life* lets you read without recharging on holidays or trips away
- Available in three fashionable colours: red, white and black
- Expandable memory : up to 32GB , comes with 2GB storage
- Display : 6-inch multi-touch , 600 x 800 pixels resolution
- Battery backup : up to 3 weeks
- Battery charging via USB on a connected PC
Sony Reader Wi-Fi price in India : No word on launch in India .