AMD Launches the ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Graphics Card.They claim it to be the world’s most powerful graphics processor, the ATI Radeon™ HD 4890, boasts a whopping 1.36 TeraFLOPs of compute power, superior GDDR5 memory, and super-high clock speeds capable of approaching 1GHz. The ATI Radeon HD 4890 redefines HD gaming, delivering the best game experience in its price range, including brand new ground-breaking DirectX 10.1 titles.
- ATI Radeon HD 4890 Series – Key Features
- TeraScale Graphics Engine – The TeraScale graphics engine in the ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 features over one teraFLOPS, nearly one billion transistors and 800 stream processors so you can enjoy the high resolutions and fast frame rates previously only available with dual-card systems4.
- Advanced Memory – GDDR5 provides twice the data per pin of GDDR3 memory at the same clock speeds.
- Enhanced Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering – High performance anisotropic filtering and 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) smooth jagged edges and create true-to-life graphics, for everything from grass to facial features.
- DirectX® 10.1 – Play today while preparing for tomorrow with state-of-the-art DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities.
- ATI CrossFireX™ Technology – ATI CrossFireX™ technology with up to quad GPU support offers superior scalability so your system is ready to level up when you are3.
- PCI Express 2.0 – Support for PCI Express 2.0 will prepare you for bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications.
- Power to Spare – This GPU has the brute processing power needed for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations.
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) – UVD 2 frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for even the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities1,5.
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT) – With ATI Stream technology, owners of ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 series graphics cards can help accelerate the conversion of standard and HD video into multiple formats for use on differing consumer electronics devices. The ATI Video Converter, designed to enable GPU transcoding of HD video streams, is currently available.
- Upscale Beyond 1080p – Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond6.
- Enhanced DVD Upscaling – Watch standard DVD movies in near high-definition quality with DVD upscaling. The GPU uses post processing algorithms to enhance standard and low resolution videos and movies on your HD display.
- Dynamic Contrast – Dynamic Contrast automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness during scenes to consistently deliver a crisp, vibrant picture.
- HDMI – Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
- Dynamic Power Management – ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPUs deliver high performance when needed and conserve power when the demand on the graphics processor is low.
- Energy Efficient Manufacturing Process – Third generation 55nm chip uses the industry’s most energy efficient manufacturing process.
Price : The new ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics card will cost around Rs.13,000 (US$250).