HP has launched the world’s first web-connected home printer: The HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web.This printer has a web-connected touchpanel on the front, allowing you to print out content such as movie tickets,maps,etc. directly from your printer. HP is bringing the power of the web directly to the printer and combining it with HP’s TouchSmart technology to give people quick, easy, touchscreen access to popular digital content on the Internet. Designed for the digital generation and connected households, the HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web features an entirely new web-based printing platform with HP applications (apps). Similar to other Internet-connected devices, these apps, which are viewable on an extra-large, intuitive-to-use TouchSmart panel, allow people to connect instantly with fun, informative and personal content. In addition to receiving apps preloaded on the printer, people can download new ones as they become available at the HP Apps Studio to suit their interests and needs. With the sweep of a finger, users will be able to browse and view popular web destinations and simply touch the app of their choice to launch a web page where they can customize and print content on demand in an easy-to-read format.
The HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web has an extra-large 4.33-inch touchscreen – the largest LCD touchscreen of any all-in-one inkjet printer on the market. The versatile printer prints, faxes, copies and scans.With a full range of wired and wireless connectivity options, the printer provides the flexibility to print directly from Wi-Fi-enabled PCs, Bluetooth®-enabled devices, the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPod touch using HP iPrint Photo.
Price: The new HP Photosmart Premium Printer will cost around Rs.25,000 in India.It is not launched yet in India.(Will cost around US$ 399 in US)
Press Release :
HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web
HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web is the world’s first Web connected home
printer. Powered by touch and empowered by the Web, this sleek device provides quick,
simple touchscreen access to important, useful and personal online content.(1) With the
largest LCD touchscreen of any all-in-one inkjet printer (4.33-inches), the HP TouchSmart
Web control panel conveniently connects users to the Web(1) via pre-loaded HP apps.
Part of an entirely new Web-based printing platform, these apps enable easy printing of
maps, coupons, movie tickets, recipes and more from partners including Google,
DreamWorks Animation, Fandango and Coupons.com, among others.
Users can also connect to Snapfish and directly from the HP Photosmart Premium with
TouchSmart Web, which saves time and enables customers to archive or print photos
from the site like never before… just touch, print and go.(2) People additionally can
access projects from the HP Creative Studio.
A versatile printing solution with print, fax, copy and scan functionality, the HP
Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web is perfect for multi-tasking households –
meeting all their high-quality home printing needs in one premium product, from laserquality
text to lab-quality photos. With a full range of wired and wireless connectivity
options, this printer provides the freedom and flexibility to print directly from Wi-Fi
enabled PCs, Bluetooth®-enabled devices, the iPhone™ and the iPod touch™ using HP
This ENERGY STAR-qualified all-in-one helps users save paper with automatic two-sided
printing and reduces packaging waste by using an innovative, reusable bag.
Key Features and Benefits
• Customize the HP TouchSmart Web screen with a variety of Apps(1) and add new
ones simply by touching “Get More” right on the screen. Current partners include:
o Google Maps for printing maps
o Fandango for movie tickets
o Snapfish for accessing and printing photo albums
o Google Calendar for viewing and printing personal calendars
o USA TODAY for the latest news
o DreamWorks Animation for movie trailers and family printables such as
o Coupons.com for printing coupons and recipes
o Nickelodeon for activities kids can enjoy based on the network’s
o Weathernews Inc. for up-to-date weather information
o Web Sudoku for printing puzzles
• Download new apps as they become available on the HP Apps Studio, to suit a
variety of interests and needs.
• Create and share apps to customize the printing experience starting in late 2009.
• Quickly print fun and useful templates such as fax cover sheets, calendars, notebook
paper and games such as Sudoku, with the convenient Quick Forms button.(1)
• Use the HP TouchSmart Web control panel to edit and print photos, send faxes, scan
documents and make copies, in addition to printing from the Web.(1)
• Easily drag and drop photos to a desktop icon from virtually anywhere – folders,
applications, e-mail and websites – for printing with the HP Photo Print Gadget.(4)
• Prevent common printing mistakes and save paper by ensuring that prints are loaded
correctly and that settings are optimized for image quality and print speed with HP
Auto Sense technology.(5)
• Simply touch one button for wireless set-up-making adding the printer to a home
network easier than ever.(6)
• Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos stored on an iPhone or iPod touch using HP iPrint
Photo, the first photo printing application of its kind(3)-available for free in the Apple
• Directly print from a PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) – capture and print screens to show off as
proof of achievements.(7)
• ENERGY STAR® qualified – use less energy, save money and help reduce the
environmental impact of printing.
• Easily print web pages with HP Smart Web Printing(8) and save both ink and paper
by combining multiple web pages onto one printed page.
• Use Windows Live Photo Gallery to easily edit, store and print photos, make photo
cards, calendars and more.
• Enjoy convenient and responsible ink cartridge recycling at no additional cost
through HP Planet Partners.(9)
• Identify features that reduce environmental impact with the HP Eco Highlights label.
• Replace each cartridge separately when it’s needed with individual inks.
• Original HP inks: Print photos with enhanced detail using dual-drop volume
technology that delivers an extremely small drop size.
• Print Specifications(10)
o Print speeds of up to 33 pages per minute (ppm) black and up to 32 ppm color;
4 x 6-inch photos as fast as 18 seconds
• Scan Specifications
o 4800 x 9600-dpi optical resolution scanning(11)
o 48-bit color scanning
• Copy Specifications
o Up to 33 copies-per-minute (cpm) in black and up to 32 cpm in color(10)
o Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi black copying with 1200 scan dpi
o Up to 4800 optimized dpi color copying
• Fax specifications
o Store up to 60 phone numbers
o 17.99 inches (w) x 19.33 inches (d) x 7.76 inches (h)
o 16.53 lbs.
o USB High-speed 2.0, 802.11 b/g/n wireless, Ethernet and Bluetooth
o Microsoft® Windows Vista™ or XP SP1 or higher; Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 or
o Windows 7 ready. Some features may not be available.(12) For more information
go to www.hp.com/go/windows7.
o HP products are backed by HP Total Care-service options in and out of
warranty plus access to 24/7 real-time award-wining chat support and e-mail
response in about an hour.
o Enhanced support services include an exclusive toll-free number featuring trained
experts and one-year repair with “Next Business Day Turnaround,” including
brand new units for the first 30 days after purchase. More information is
available at www.hp.com/support.
Original HP Printing Supplies(13)
• HP 564 Black Photosmart Ink Cartridge: $11.99
• HP 564 Photo Black, Yellow, Cyan and Magenta Photosmart Ink Cartridges: $9.99
• HP 564XL Black Photosmart Ink Cartridge: $34.99(14)
• HP 564XL Photo Black, Yellow, Cyan and Magenta Photosmart Ink Cartridges:
• HP Advanced Photo Paper (50 sheets, 8.5 x 11-inch): $21.99(14)
• Everyday printing papers with the ColorLok logo. Available in all regions.
Pricing and Availability
Target U.S. street price of $399.99.(13)
Expected to be available for purchase September 2009 in North America.
- 1 Requires an internet connection to the printer.
- 2 Requires a Snapfish.com account and an internet connection to the printer.
- 3 Using HP iPrint Photo software. Free download available from Apple’s App Store, details at
- 4 Requires Windows Vista™
- 5 When using HP Advanced Photo Paper.
- 6 Requires a WPS router with an integrated push-button. Wireless performance depends on physical
- environment and distance from access point.
- 7 Printing screen captures is only available on games that support this feature.
- 8 For Windows only. Requires Internet Explorer 6.0 – 8.0.
- 9 HP ink cartridges return and recycling is available in 41 countries and territories around the world; see
- www.hp.com/recycle for details.
- 10 After first page. More information about print speeds is available at www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter.
- 11 Maximum resolution may be limited by PC system and scan size.
- 12 Does not support Windows XP Professional x64.
- 13 Estimated U.S. street price. Actual price may vary.
- 14 Not included, please purchase separately.