The new Nokia N900 is a full-touchscreen slider smart phone or a mobile computer (as Nokia says it).It has a large 3.5-inch WVGA touchscreen display screen, HSPA and WiFi, 32GB of storage (expandable to 48GB via a microSD card), a 5 megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus camera with dual LED flash,Assisted GPS,fast ARM Cortex-A8 processor (also used in Palm Pre and iPhone 3GS).The Nokia N900 features a full Adobe Flash 9.4 support and runs on a Maemo Linux-based OS.
The Nokia N900 packs a powerful ARM Cortex-A8 processor, up to 1GB of application memory and OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration. The result is PC-like multitasking, allowing many applications to run simultaneously. Switching between applications is simple, as all running content is constantly available through the dashboard. The panoramic homescreen can be fully personalized with favorite shortcuts, widgets and applications.
To make web browsing more enjoyable, the Nokia N900 features a high-resolution WVGA touch screen and fast internet connectivity with 10/2 HSPA and WLAN. Thanks to the browser powered by Mozilla technology, websites look the way they would on any computer. Online videos and interactive applications are vivid with full Adobe Flash(TM) 9.4 support. Maemo software updates happen automatically over the internet.
Messaging on the N900 is easy and convenient thanks to the full physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Setting up email happens with only a few touches and the Nokia Messaging service mobilizes up to 10 personal email accounts. Text message or IM exchanges with friends are shown in one view and all conversations are organized as separate windows.
The Nokia N900 has 32GB of storage, which is expandable up to 48GB via a microSD card. For photography, the Maemo software and the N900 come with a new tag cloud user interface that will help users get the most out of the 5MP camera and Carl Zeiss optics.
The detailed specifications/Features of the new Nokia N900 smart mobile phone/mobile computer are:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 900
- 3.5 inches TFT resistive touchscreen, 16M colors,800 x 480 pixels,
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Internal 32 GB storage, 256 MB RAM
- Card slot microSD (TransFlash), up to 16GB
- 3G HSDPA, 10Mbps; HSUPA, 2Mbps
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS support , Nokia Ovi Maps
- Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP
- USB v2.0 microUSB
- Primary 5 megapixel, 2592×1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Dual LED flash, video light
- Features Geo-tagging
- Video WVGA(848 x 480)@25fps
- Secondary VGA
- Stereo FM radio; FM transmitter
- MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ music player
- WMV/RealVideo/MP4/AVI/XviD video player
- stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Other features/specs:
- Digital compass
- OS Maemo 5
- CPU ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz, PowerVR SGX graphics
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1320 mAh (BL-5J)
Nokia N900 Price
Nokia N900 Price in India :The new Nokia N900 mobile phone is available in India at price of Rs.25,019.